Atkins has been involved in Renewable Energy in Ireland since 2000 as environmental and engineering consultants. Our capabilities cover the full lifecycle from conception to commissioning including scheme identification, through design and planning, to construction and beyond.
Atkins’ engineering resource facilitates a multidisciplinary team to support
Renewable Projects such as a Windfarm project at any stage through the project life cycle, including:
– Site identification and feasibility assessment
– Advanced bird studies including site evaluation for birds, breeding bird surveys; winter bird surveys; flight and collision risk assessment; modelling collision risk using Scottish
– Natural Heritage’s Band Model; species specific surveys for e.g. hen harrier, red kite etc., consultation with statutory bodies regarding bird issues, impact assessment and design of mitigation.
– Wind farms studies are designed such that transects adequately sample different habitat types and proposed turbine locations. Transect locations are recorded
– by GPS to allow repeat surveys pre-, during and post construction.
– Scoping and screening reports
– Computer modelling of project performance
– Layout optimisation and photomontage
– Civil and electrical design
– Environmental impact assessment including Zones