We are seeking an Assistant Resident Engineer for our office based in Cork. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in roads/civils infrastructure projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a site supervision team. The role will involve site-based supervision, administration, monitoring and inspection of construction activities.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 3+ years relevant experience in the design, repair or construction of relevant structures.
- Experience in structure inspections.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in assisting in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts an advantage.
- Support the Resident Engineering staff in day-to-day activities on site.
- Experience in monitoring and inspection of construction works associated with roadworks including pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, safety barriers, bridgeworks etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/assistant-resident-engineer-in-cork-jid-27848