We are seeking a Design Engineer – Highways & Transportation with 4+ years relevant planning and design experience.
Desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered or close to achieving Chartership.
- Playing a role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, urban and rural road schemes, public realm and pavement rehabilitation for public and private sector clients
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX, BIM etc).
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the TII Technical Standards / DMURS/National Cycle Manual etc and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in the design of national and non-national road schemes in Ireland is essential.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes including feasibility studies, preliminary design, planning, detailed design, tender document preparation and contract administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/design-engineer-highways-and-transportation-in-dublin-jid-21587