Atkins Ireland have an opportunity for a Design Engineer, with 3+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector, in one or more of the following disciplines – Civil, Process or MEICA – to join the Infrastructure Division. The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Irish Water and other clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with the design and delivery of water and wastewater schemes at various project stages from feasibility to detailed design, contract document preparation and construction administration.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Report to and communicate with the Project Manager throughout project execution and take ownership of delegated task and duties.
- Support the Project Manager in the management and monitoring of project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Preparation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications and contract documents.
- Report writing.
- Experience in the design and delivery of water / wastewater schemes.
- Knowledge of different contract types (FIDIC, NEC, Public Works, Irish Water).
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a member of a team reporting to senior staff.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Member of, or eligible to join, Engineers Ireland.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible.
- Chartered Engineer, desirable.
- Design experience in water/wastewater with 2+ to 12 years of experience in civil front.
- Help in terms of process.
- Some experience in IW will be great add on.
- Focus on the delivery from the design engineer front, it’s a technical assurance role where they will review contractors design and specifications with Irish water. UK standard will help.
- Contracts documents experience will be good add on. Lifecycle of a project. Concept design, detailed design and contract documents, developing design reports.
- Experience in AutoCAD and GIS is benefit.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/design-engineer-water-wastewater-in-dublin-jid-27658