We have an opportunity for a Graduate Civil/Roads Engineer to join our busy Highways & Transportation based in our Dublin office. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
The role will involve optioneering, report writing, preliminary and detailed design services, liaison and co-ordination with other disciplines and assistance with the preparation of contract documentation for a broad range of projects including active travel, urban and rural road schemes, public realm and pavement rehabilitation.
Atkins offers excellent career prospects as part of a multidisciplinary consultancy business both in Ireland and internationally. We are Engineer’s Ireland CPD Employer of the Year and this role comes with significant benefits in terms of technical development and progression towards Chartership. Our engineers are the best in the business, and we provide an ideal learning environment that incorporates the following:
- Bi-annual Professional Development Review.
- Senior Mentorship Program.
- In house CPD sessions.
- Learning & Development Committee.
- Mental Health & Wellbeing team.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity.
- Social Club.
Duties will include:
- Playing a role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, urban and rural road schemes, public realm and pavement rehabilitation for public and private sector clients.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Delivery of schemes at various project stages from feasibility through to design and construction.
- Apply technical capabilities including the development of skills in Autocad and Civils 3D.
Key Experience & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Good written and verbal communicator in English.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/graduate-engineer-highways-and-transportation-in-dublin-jid-21586