Atkins Ireland, a member of SNCL have an opportunity for a Process Engineer, with 3+ years’ experience in the water/wastewater sector to join the Infrastructure Division. The candidate should have a variety of experiences; some examples include:
- Clean water treatment processes include DAF, RGFs, Disinfection (ozonation, UV, chlorination, etc.), membrane filtration (UF, NF & RO), etc.
- Biological wastewater treatment (ASP, MBBR, MBR, IFAS, SBR, etc.).
- Chemical dosing system for various applications (includes Otho-P removal, pH adjustment, etc.).
- Sludge treatment (includes Centrifuge, Filter press, Thickeners, etc.).
- Odour and septicity treatment.
- DSEAR, HAZOP lead, functional safety.
- Digital twins.
The candidate will assist in the design and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects for Irish Water and other clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Degree-qualified with a chemical/process engineering background.
- Typically, 3+ years’ experience in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector.
- Previous design and/or commissioning experience.
- Possess strong communication and soft skills and be able to function independently or as a member of a multidiscipline team.
- Good knowledge of industry, best practices or regulatory standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to Water Industry.
- A proven ability to manage and mentor teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop our technical knowledge networks.
- Plant and process reviews, assessments, route-cause analysis, apply cutting-edge evaluation techniques.
- Supporting plant operation, optimisation and troubleshooting.
- Feasibility, outline and detailed process design, including mass, heat and energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hydraulic design, design risk assessments, control philosophies, commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations, plant and equipment specifications, supplier tender evaluation.
- Working with and developing digital design tools such as water quality analysis, unit process sizing, process performance metrics, hydraulic calculations and other automated design tools.
- Technical report writing at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Liaison with clients within Ireland and worldwide.
- Support and/or lead bids, fee proposals or offers of service; development of activity schedules/work plans.
- Understanding of HAZOP, DSEAR, CDM, WIMES, Irish and European Standards and other statutory, regulatory and non-regulatory provisions and guidance.
- Development of standard and bespoke design solutions over the entire water industry spectrum.
- Meet and exceed quality, programme, budgetary and H&S requirements on projects.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation.
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/process-engineer-in-dublin-jid-27554