Atkins is currently seeking a Project Manager to join the aviation team based in Dublin/Cork or Galway office.
The role offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to an ambitious and enthusiastic candidate who wants to apply, improve and maximise his/her technical knowledge, leadership and client relationship skills within an environment where further progression will be very much supported and encouraged.
- Acting as a Design Task Leader or Project Manager on live jobs.
- Managing the design process.
- Able to supervise construction of projects and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the works specifications.
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders.
- Line management of a team of engineers and project staff.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff so that they can reach their full potential including chartered status for graduates.
- Developing proposals for new commissions.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Minimum 7 years of postgraduate experience with at least 5 years in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered with the Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional institution.
- Experience in the development of infrastructure or multi-disciplinary building projects in Ireland / UK -Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary design team, plan, and control technical resources to deliver projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction.
- Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment.
- Ability to grow, lead and motivate junior team members including young graduates, and gain respect from colleagues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery.
- An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies and evolving best practices to maintain our client’s position at the forefront of its markets.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project.
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships.
- Full driving licence.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/project-manager-in-dublin-jid-26292