We are seeking a Resident Engineer for the Northwest Region/Galway. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in bridge rehabilitation and maintenance. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a site supervision team. The role will involve site-based supervision, administration, monitoring, and inspection of construction activities associated with a bridge maintenance contract throughout the Northwest Region.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience post-graduate experience of fulfilling a Resident Engineer role on projects involving the construction, repair, rehabilitation and strengthening of relevant masonry, concrete and steel structures.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts an advantage.
- Report to the Project Manager and Technical Director.
- Experience in supervising repairs to expansion joints, pavements, parapets, safety barriers as well as masonry and concrete works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractor’s progress.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/resident-engineer-bridges-in-galway-jid-27847