We are seeking a Resident Engineer for the Northeast Region. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in bridge rehabilitation and maintenance.
Job summary and desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the civil engineering industry or similar.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office programmes.
- Experience in assisting in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts an advantage.
- Report to the Project Manager and Technical Director.
- Experience in supervising construction of bridge rehabilitation and maintenance to masonry, concrete and steel structures. Experience carrying out repairs to expansion joints, pavements, parapets, safety barriers as well as masonry and concrete works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience in record keeping and reporting on Contractor’s progress.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Knowledge of current H&S regulations and best practices.
- Full driving licence and a valid SafePass.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/resident-engineer-bridges-in-galway-jid-22091