Atkins is seeking a Senior Ecologist to join their Environment business to work alongside engineers, environmental scientists, and other staff on our portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water and transport sectors; as well as on specialist ecology projects.
- A degree in ecology or related subject.
- A minimum of five years post graduate experience.
- Member of CIEEM, or equivalent professional body, desirable.
- Experience working in environmental consultancy, desirable but not required.
- Phase 1 habitat survey & invasive species fieldsurvey experience desirable, as are strong botanical skills.
- Ecological competency in ornithology, terrestrial mammals, and / or bats will also be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of Appropriate Assessment legislation within Ireland required.
- GIS experience desirableA full clean driver’s licence.
The Ecologist shall:
- The successful applicant will have an excellent understanding of all regulatory and statutory requirements pertaining to ecology / biodiversity in Ireland.
- Experience in the preparation of high quality reports including Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA),and biodiversity chapters for
- Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR); as well as Appropriate Assessments.
- Undertake ecological field surveys as well as provide mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Experience of the design and co-ordination of ecology surveys (ecology staff and sub-consultants).
- Knowledge and experience of interpreting ecological monitoring data.
- Knowledge of managing data using GIS (QGIS, MapInfo or ArcGIS) is desirable.
- Engage with external stakeholders as necessary.
- Deliver work to the highest possible standards and continue to strive to improve the quality of work.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/senior-ecologist-in-cork-jid-19884