We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer with 10 or more years’ relevant experience to join our geotechnical department in delivering complex geotechnical design solutions as part of our overall multidisciplinary team on infrastructure projects such as rail, highways, structures & water.
Role Description and Duties:
- Project management and client liaison.
- Supervision and mentoring of geotechnical engineers/engineering geologists.
- Delivery of geotechnical design packages incl. earthworks, slope stability, shallow and deep foundations and retaining walls.
- Planning and procurement of ground investigation contracts for major infrastructure and commercial development projects.
- Advising and supporting our various design teams through the provision of specialist geotechnical design input.
- Designing earthworks and foundations to Eurocode 7.
- Preparing earthworks designs to Eurocode 7, including production of earthworks specifications and design drawings.
- Preparation of reports in accordance with DN-ERW-03083.
- Pavement foundation design in accordance with TII / UK DMRB.
- Design of ground improvement techniques for soft ground, including surcharge, vertical drains, piled embankments, and lime/concrete subgrade stabilisation.
- Check/review of reports, drawings and calculations.
- Preparation of Designer’s and Geotechnical Risk Registers and assessments.
- Tender preparation and business development.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of Geotechnical design, including major road, rail and civil projects.
- Experience working in Irish/UK glacial till soils desirable, but not essential.
- A Level 8 Honours Degree in Civil / Geotechnical Engineering or related field.
- Chartered status CEng, MICE or equivalent.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management – Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Geotechnical design experience and strong numerical/analytical capabilities.
- Knowledge of soft ground techniques and soil reinforcement, piling and retaining walls.
- Construction experience in earthworks, soil improvement and deep foundations desirable, but not essential.
- Fully experienced in design to Eurocode 7.
- Experience in general numerical software such as GeoStudio, Holebase/Openground, Wallap etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful projects.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within Ireland and overseas.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A valid full clean driver’s license.
The position also includes the following benefits –
- Attractive salary.
- Professional membership cover.
- Comprehensive pension benefits.
- Accident and illness cover.
- CPD Training & Education.
- Flexible working hours to provide a better work/life balance.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/senior-geotechnical-engineer-in-dublin-jid-20940