We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in one of offices in Ireland to take the lead in delivery of Mechanical Engineering design elements of building projects.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Mechanical Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Ensuring project design and installation meet safety and current standards and regulations (Ancillary Certificate of Compliance of Contractor with Building Regulations Part L and relevant Codes, and Design Construction Risk Assessment and NZEB).
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of all Mechanical aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Particular Specification, Form of Tender, mechanical schedules, etc for Planning, Tender, Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Business Development.
- Communication with internal and external parties via email and meetings.
- Review of design drawings and documentation prior to issue.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
- Chartered Engineer (an ideal).
- Membership in any Engineering Professional Body.
- Experience in Client facing roles.
- Experience in financial management of design budgets.
- Experience in fulfilling the Ancillary Certifier function on projects.
- Good listener and Communicator.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Experience in delivery of Mechanical Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Understanding of use of BIM processes, AutoCAD and Revit.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/senior-mechanical-engineer-in-dublin-jid-22096