We are seeking a Site Engineer to be based in Dublin.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Degree or 3rd level professional qualification (HETAC Level 8 or equivalent) in engineering – preferably civil, structural or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years progressive experience in Site Engineering, working for the Contractor or representing the Client, preferably in a light rail environment.
- Experience coordinating between the Design team and the Construction team.
- A strong commitment to public safety, to staff safety, and to the safety of those working on our behalf, thorough understanding of site safety, including the roles of the Client, Contractor, the PDSP and the PSCS.
- Knowledge and experience of the GCCC forms of Contract.
- Understanding of, and experience in preparing and updating project programmes/schedules.
- Updating and maintaining risk registers.
- Full clean driving license.
Desirable Attributes for this role:
- Experience working in a Live/Operational environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to gather and analyse information, prepare, and present reports.
- The desire and ability to rapidly learn and apply new engineering skills.
- Strong organisation and mathematical skills.
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project and PowerBI) skills plus MS Teams.
- Ability to prepare/review cost estimates.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and within teams, often multi-disciplinary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a wide range of people.
- Fluency in the English language, both written and oral.
- Ensuring that all contractors and employees meet the Health, Safety and Environmental obligations of the relevant statutory Codes and Law.
- Supervision of the contractors’ performance to ensure Works are undertaken in compliance with the contract specifications and all other contractual requirements.
- Coordination of project designs.
- Preparation and coordination of contract documents for the procurement of contractors.
- Interface management with 3rd parties.
- Ensuring that all contractors comply with traffic management requirements.
- Reviewing contractors’ method statements and temporary works designs.
- On-site supervision and recording of the performance of the contractor against Programme, including productivity assessment of the contractor.
- Supervision and recording of the quality of the contractors’ works, including issuing non- conformance notices.
- Maintaining a site diary recording contractors’ daily progress and keeping records of all plant, resources, deliveries, safety incidents/accidents, environmental incidents/accidents, PR issues and any other significant site activities.
- Ensuring that contractor compiles the required as-built data (including data recording) and review of this data and support the production and update of As Built Drawings on completion of Works.
- Ensuring that Contractor compiles and submits the required Safety File documents and review of these documents.
- Undertaking such tasks, activities or other duties as may be required or assigned.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/site-engineer-in-dublin-jid-25968