Atkins has an opportunity for a Transport Planner with 4+ years’ experience, to join our Transportation Planning team. The candidate will play a role in the delivery of an ever-expanding project portfolio across a range of major public and private clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and ambitious team providing services at the forefront of environmental sustainability and the delivery of Ireland’s Climate Action Plan.
Duties will include:
- A client facing role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including travel, public transport, greenways and large-scale development sites.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Delivery of schemes from feasibility through planning stages.
- Delivery of projects with public and private sector clients.
Key Experience & Skills:
- High quality report writing skills and verbal communicator in English.
- Experience of transport planning in Ireland including relevant policy and delivery of ABTAs or similar
- Local Transport Plans.
- Client, stakeholder, and public consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Working towards relevant chartership status.
- Transport modelling; working knowledge of Linsig, Junctions 9 and / or microsimulation.
- Working knowledge of the application of GIS.
- Working knowledge of relevant design guidance including DMURS and National Cycle Manual.
- Ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems.
To read the full spec or to apply for the role please click here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/job/transport-planner-in-dublin-jid-24762