Dublin. Cork, Galway and Dundalk offices. (hybrid working available)
Atkins is a world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy and member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. Atkins Ireland offer a limited number of internships to students each year. We provide excellent training and mentoring in a friendly and supportive environment.
Interns will have the opportunity to build industry knowledge and develop skills assisting specialist aviation, rail, road, bridges, energy, ports, buildings, housing, water, environmental, fire safety, and mechanical and electrical teams in the delivery of key projects.
Successful internship candidates will join a dynamic and ambitious company that also offers excellent graduate, development, and international opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with the design and delivery of various projects for both public and private clients
- Assistance with the preparation of design packages using modelling software
- Assistance with the preparation of drawings
- Assistance with report writing
Key Experience & Skills:
- Ability to work within a team environment to help achieve project goals
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Computer literate with the ability to work effectively with the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Knowledge of design programmes used by the engineering profession
- Attention to detail and the ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems
- Enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility