Dublin. Cork, Galway and Dundalk offices. (hybrid working available)
Atkins is a world-leading design, engineering and project-management consultancy and member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. Atkins Ireland offers a limited number of early careers opportunities via our Graduate Programme each year.
Graduates will have the opportunity to build industry knowledge and develop skills working with our aviation, rail, road, bridges, energy, ports, buildings, housing, water, environmental, fire safety, or mechanical and electrical teams to deliver key projects.
Successful applicants will join a dynamic and ambitious company offering them excellent training, development, mentorship, and hands-on experience to progress towards Chartership in a friendly and supportive environment.
We’re proud to be an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited employer and to have been awarded Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the Year 2021 – which recognises our formal commitment to being a true Learning and Development organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in the design and delivery of projects for both public and private clients
- Assisting senior engineers to ensure effective project delivery
- Undertaking site visits / surveys (under supervision) as required
- Preparation of designs to develop skills using modelling software
- Preparation of drawings and reports
Key Experience & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Initiative, a flexible approach, and ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to work effectively with the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Capability to use design programmes used by engineering professionals
- Attention to detail and the ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems