Atkins were responsible for the activities associated with Gate 2 to 4 consultancy services for Irish Water. This project (currently at Contract Administration Stage) will deliver a new 500m³/day capacity WTP at the existing Kilmessan WTP site, designed using a process stream comprising coagulation followed by direct pressure filtration and primary disinfection, in accordance with IW Design Specifications, delivering water compliant with the European Communities (Drinking Water)
Regulations, 2014 (S.I No. 122).
- Management of Third Party Investigation Surveys including Borehole Yield Assessment and Raw
- Water Monitoring Programme
- Raw water quality review, production of Catchment Characterisation and Drinking Water Safety Plan.
- Outline Design of Borehole Abstraction, Coagulation & Filtration System, UV & Sodium
- Hypochlorite Disinfection, Clear Water & Dirty Backwash Water Holding Tanks, & Booster
- Pumping to Storage Reservoir
- Planning Approval for Kilmessan WTP Upgrade Works including Control Building, Site Access and Landscaping, and demolition of the existing water treatment facility
- Production of the Contract Documents, Tender Evaluation & Recommendation, Contract Administration
Client : Irish Water
Project Status : Complete